31 (Tue) December 2019
Grilled Garlic-Butter Lobsters
at the cabin
-Changchon, Hoengseong, Gangwon, Korea-
with the Family, Mom and Dad
2020 Winter Holiday in Korea, Day 8.
- Day 1 (10.353 Vegetable Rice Bowl)
- Day 2 (10.354 Roast Lobster with Cheese)
- Day 3 (10.355 Laeng Myeon)
- Day 4 (10.356 Haemul Jjim)
- Day 5 (10.357 The Special)
- Day 6 (10.358 Cream Cheese Ddeokbokki)
- Day 7 (10.359 Haemul Jjambbong)
Mom and Dad joined us today so we could celebrate together the new year tomorrow.
Those lobsters that had arrived on my birthday, which I’d briefly believed to be birthday gifts from my mother but ended up being intended for my father (see 10.357 The Special), Mom brought them and asked me to prepare them – but only 3 of the 4, setting aside 1 so that Dad could enjoy it by himself later on. If only W would learn from this example, it might be worth the ignomy.
Precooked and frozen out of the package, the lobsters were thawed, halved lengthwise, basted in garlic-butter, then grilled. Unfortunately, the residual moisture didn’t allow for proper caramelization within the short time that I was willing to stand in the sub-zero cold.