10 (Mon) September 2018
Homemade Chicken Curry
-Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia-
Mission to Malaysia, Day 2.
- Day 1 (9.247 Chili Lobster)
In Kota Kinabalu. At the 50th Conference of the Asia-Pacific Academic Consortium on Public Health, here to participate in a pre-event consultation to discuss the development of a surveillance platform for International Health Regulations.
I flew in a day early to get in a couple dives, first time in Malaysia.
Went through Downbelow Marine Wildlife Adventures, a company that operates out of Gaya Island, part of the Tunku Abdul Rahman National Park.
The operators were great, but the diving itself was crap – poor visibility, nothing to see anyway.
For the first time, I understood how good we have it in the Philippines.
Malaysia is the 4th country where I’ve dived.
- Philippines, Balayan Bay (Anilao) (see 9.042 Garlic Squid + Buttered Vegetables); Batangas Bay (Puerto Galera) (see 9.115 Budae Jjigae)
- Fiji, Nadi Bay (Nadi) (see most recently 6.104 Seared Mahi Mahi)
- Maldives (see most recently 9.190 Grilled Snapper)
- Malaysia, Tunku Abdul Rahman National Park (Kota Kinabalu)