29 (Mon) December 2014
Kimchi Jjigae + Mu Guk
by W’s aunt
-Apgujeong, Gangnam, Seoul, Republic of Korea-
Winter Holiday with the Family: Day 6 of 11
- Day 1 (5.353 Lapu-Lapu Chazuke)
- Day 2 (5.354 Deep-Fried Tofu with Shrimp & Vegetables in Oyster Sauce)
- Day 3 (5.355 Seafood Pizza)
- Day 4 (5.356 Soya Cake with Three Kinds Mushrooms)
- Day 5 (5.357 Chicago Cowboy Steak)
- Day 6 (5.358 Kimchi Jjigae + Mu Guk)
For our first extended family time since I left home to work overseas, we’ll be spending the winter holiday together. Starting with Christmas in the Philippines, ending with the New Year in Korea. Having everyone around, just hanging out, makes it feels like home, wherever it may be.
About home, we’ve abandoned our perfectly good apartment in Oksu, renting it to strangers, and taken to renting a smaller crappier apartment in Apgujeong, owned by other strangers. As a bonus, it’s right next door to the In-Laws. Yay!
And in lieu of a nanny, W’s aunt has moved in to look after the kids and take care of the place.
With all due respect to auntie’s debut on GMTD, I don’t like two broth dishes on the table simultaneously, kinda like how I don’t like more than one carb or protein in a single dish. But the food was good.
(See also FOOD GLOSSARY)
(See also RESTAURANTS IN KOREA)