4 (Fri) December 2015
Jacked — Three Ways
at Marble 8
-City Centre, Kuala Lumpur-
In Kuala Lumpur. Here to support a regional workshop on restricting the marketing of foods and non-alcoholic beverages to children, Tuesday to today. Arrived last Sunday evening. Flying back tomorrow.
Workshop complete — a fat cherry on top of a thoroughly exhausting yet overwhelmingly fulfilling year — the occasion called for celebration, letting loose, pulling out all the stops, in style, fully deserved.
Reconfirming that caviar is not really my thing (see most recently 5.280 Black Sturgeon Caviar…), I’ve decided as a result of this experience never ever to spend another penny on the stuff (or 21,500 pennies, as the case may be) — läropengar (see most recently 5.180 Mahi Mahi…) (in this particular instance, the stupid mistake (a requisite element for an event to constitute läropengar) was getting it to impress a girl, though I would’ve come to the same conclusion regardless of the motivation).
A few seconds of feeling like a big shot while ordering the food, followed by a couple hours of being a jackass while eating overpriced crap. Won’t say exactly how much the meal cost, but it was the most expensive in my life. And the girl didn’t even seem that impressed. What a wash.
Maybe I wasn’t that hungry.
In light of our 9PM reservation at Marble 8, I took advantage of the window to squeeze in a Korean meal and add to the list of “Korean Abroad” countries/cities.
Malaysia is now the 13th country and Kuala Lumpur is the 25th city outside of Korea where I’ve eaten at a Korean restaurant (roughly in order of experience) :
- USA : 01.01 Silicon Valley (San Jose, Santa Clara, etc.) CA; 01.02 New York NY; 01.03 Boston MA; 01.04 Northern Virginia VA; 01.05 East Bay (Oakland, Berkeley, etc.) CA; 01.06 Los Angeles CA; 01.07 San Francisco CA; 01.08 San Diego CA; 01.12 Chicago IL; 01.13 Washington DC; 01.24 Guam (6.283 The Boss’s Beefy Birthday Bash)
- THA : 02.09 Bangkok; 02.10 Pattaya
- CHE : 03.11 Geneva
- GBR : 04.14 London
- CHN : 05.15 Beijing
- KHM : 06.16 Phnom Penh (3.269 Fried Beef with Red Ants)
- LAO : 07.17 Vientiane (3.272 Pho Ga)
- PHL : 08.18 Metro Manila (5.005 Ki for Ki) / 08.20 Batangas (5.223 Galbi Tang and More)
- FJI : 09.19 Suva (5.178 Bibimbab)
- PNG : 10.21 Port Moresby (5.276 Spicy Chicken Muchim)
- RUS : 11.22 Moscow (5.286 Chili Mango Prawns…)
- AUS : 12.23 Melbourne (5.342 Crocodile Meat…)
- MYS : 13.25 Kuala Lumpur (6.333 Jacked — Three Ways)