8 (Sun) November 2015
Chicken in Cream Sauce
by Deutsche Lufthansa
on Flight LH 0719
-Somewhere over Europe-
solo (with RK, sort of)
On the road for the next two weeks, attending a pair of missions, back to back, Switzerland, then Fiji. Arranged the itinerary — MNL > ICN > GVA > ICN > NAD > ICN > MNL — to allow for three consecutive weekends at home, starting yesterday, though only for a day and a half per stop, the first one already over. I’ll take my blessings however they may come.
Meal 1 : lunch (LH 0719 / ICN > MUC)
Mission to Switzerland, Day 1.
In Chavannes (suburb 20 kilometers north of Geneva). Arrived tonight. Here for a meeting on diet and physical activity, Monday through Thursday. Going back to Korea on Friday.
RK flew in on the same flight, seated separately, on his way to attend a concurrent surveillance meeting at the same venue.
Meal 2 : dinner (LH 0719 / ICN > MUC)
In light of a relatively enjoyable economony-class experience on Lufthansa last year (see generally 5.196 Frankfurter…), I’d been looking forward to flying on the carrier in business class, particularly the meal services.
Meal 3 : snack (Flughafen München Lufthansa Lounge)
So far, I’ve been underwhelmed, at least with respect to the food. As evident from the photos, the quality was strictly coach, just served on porcelain plates.
As always, I should note that I am grateful for and respectful of the opportunity to travel, especially via business class. Any criticisms here, not to be construed as complaints per se, are merely relative to other business class experiences.
Meal 4 : snack (LH 2388 / MUC > GVA)
BEST IN CLASS – an on-going ranking of dining experiences on business class flights.
- Qatar Airlines — MNL > DOH + DOH > DME (5.279 Assorted Hot Mezzah); DME > DOH + (iv) DOH > MNL ( (5.286 Chili Mango Prawns)
- Asiana Airlines — ICN > MNL (6.048 Ssambap); MNL > ICN (6.305 Chicken Congee)
- Korean Air — ICN > NAD (5.175 Prestigious Repast); MNL > ICN (6.021 Bibimbap); MNL > ICN + (iv) ICN > NAD (6.101 Coconut Carrot Cream Soup); NAD > ICN + ICN > MNL (6.111 Asparagus Cream Soup)
- Singapore Airlines — MNL > SIN + SIN > BNE (6.237 Coconut Panna Cotta); BNE > SIN + SIN > MNL (6.243 Ggongchi Kimchi Jjigae)
- Philippine Airlines — MNL > MEL (5.335 Chicken Tausi)
- Etihad Airways — MNL > AUH + (ii) AUH > AMM (6.154 Shakshouka); AMM > AUH + (iv) AUH > MNL (6.160 Zaalou-Crusted Chicken Breast)
- Deutsche Lufthansa — ICN > MUC (6.307 Chicken in Cream Sauce)
- Cathay Pacific Airways — HKG > MNL (5.182 Har Gao)
- Fiji Airways — NAD > HKG (5.181 Sliced Roast Lamb)
AMM = Amman / AUH = Abu Dhabi / BNE = Brisbane / DOH = Doha / DME = Moscow / HKG = Hong Kong / ICN = Incheon / MEL = Melbourne / MUC = Munich / NAD = Nadi / SIN = Singapore