15 (Sun) November 2015
by Korean Airlines
on Flight KE 137
-Somewhere over the Pacific Ocean-
Mission to Fiji : Day 1.
Nadi, en route. Going to attend a workshop on tobacco control, Tuesday to Thursday. Flying back Friday.
My third visit to Fiji (see most recently 6.108 Kovu Ura).
On the road for two weeks, two missions, back to back, Switzerland (done), then Fiji (about to begin) — just beyond the halfway point. Both trips involve long haul flights, inherently difficult due to the travel time and the time difference, but the business class compensates somewhat. Arranged the itinerary — MNL > ICN > GVA > ICN > NAD > ICN > MNL — to allow for three consecutive weekends at home, though only for a day and a half per stop, the second one ending yesterday. I’ll take my blessings however they may come.
BEST IN CLASS – an on-going ranking of dining experiences on business class flights.
- Qatar Airlines — MNL > DOH > DME (5.279 Assorted Hot Mezzah); DME > DOH > MNL ( (5.286 Chili Mango Prawns)
- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines — GVA > AMS > ICN (6.311 Beef & Beetroot Meatballs)
- Asiana Airlines — MNL > ICN (2.036 Shin Ramyeon…); ICN > MNL (6.048 Ssambap); MNL > ICN (6.305 Chicken Congee)
- Korean Air — ICN > NAD (5.175 Prestigious Repast); MNL > ICN (6.021 Bibimbap); MNL > ICN > NAD (6.101 Coconut Carrot Cream Soup); NAD > ICN > MNL (6.111 Asparagus Cream Soup); ICN > NAD (6.314 Bibimbap)
- Singapore Airlines — MNL > SIN > BNE (6.237 Coconut Panna Cotta); BNE > SIN > MNL (6.243 Ggongchi Kimchi Jjigae)
- Philippine Airlines — MNL > MEL (5.335 Chicken Tausi)
- Etihad Airways — MNL > AUH > AMM (6.154 Shakshouka); AMM > AUH > MNL (6.160 Zaalou-Crusted Chicken Breast)
- Deutsche Lufthansa — ICN > MUC > GVA (6.307 Chicken in Cream Sauce)
- Cathay Pacific Airways — HKG > MNL (5.182 Har Gao)
- Fiji Airways — NAD > HKG (5.181 Sliced Roast Lamb)
AMM = Amman / AMS = Amsterdam / AUH = Abu Dhabi / BNE = Brisbane / DOH = Doha / DME = Moscow / GVA = Geneva / HKG = Hong Kong / ICN = Incheon / MEL = Melbourne / MUC = Munich / NAD = Nadi / SIN = Singapore
As always, I should note that I am grateful for and respectful of the opportunity to travel, especially via business class. Any comments here, even the negative ones, are simply relative to other business class experiences, not complaints per se.