22 (Sun) November 2015
by Asiana Airlines
on Flight OZ 703
-Somewhere over the Pacific Ocean-
with RK (by coincidence, not only were we booked on the same flight, we were seated next to each other, which we realized on the plane, as we were getting seated; funny thing is, we looked at each other, shrugged, didn’t say a word, like, yeah okay, why not)
On the road for two weeks, two missions, back to back, Switzerland, then Fiji (see previously 6.320 Sacheon-Sik Tangsu Yuk…). Both trips involve long haul flights, inherently difficult due to travel time and time difference, but the business class compensates somewhat. Arranged the itinerary — MNL > ICN > GVA > ICN > NAD > ICN > MNL — to allow for three consecutive weekends at home, the final one ending tonight. I’ll take my blessings however they may come.
BEST IN CLASS – an on-going ranking of dining experiences on business class flights.
- Qatar Airlines — MNL > DOH > DME (5.279 Assorted Hot Mezzah); DME > DOH > MNL ( (5.286 Chili Mango Prawns)
- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines — GVA > AMS > ICN (6.311 Beef & Beetroot Meatballs)
- Asiana Airlines — MNL > ICN (2.036 Shin Ramyeon…); ICN > MNL (6.048 Ssambap); MNL > ICN (6.305 Chicken Congee); ICN > MNL (6.321 Ssambap)
- Singapore Airlines — MNL > SIN > BNE (6.237 Coconut Panna Cotta); BNE > SIN > MNL (6.243 Ggongchi Kimchi Jjigae)
- Korean Air — ICN > NAD (5.175 Prestigious Repast); MNL > ICN (6.021 Bibimbap); MNL > ICN > NAD (6.101 Coconut Carrot Cream Soup); NAD > ICN > MNL (6.111 Asparagus Cream Soup); ICN > NAD (6.314 Bibimbap); NAD > ICN (6.319 Seared Seafood…)
- Philippine Airlines — MNL > MEL (5.335 Chicken Tausi)
- Etihad Airways — MNL > AUH > AMM (6.154 Shakshouka); AMM > AUH > MNL (6.160 Zaalou-Crusted Chicken Breast)
- Deutsche Lufthansa — ICN > MUC > GVA (6.307 Chicken in Cream Sauce)
- Cathay Pacific Airways — HKG > MNL (5.182 Har Gao)
- Fiji Airways — NAD > HKG (5.181 Sliced Roast Lamb)
AMM = Amman / AMS = Amsterdam / AUH = Abu Dhabi / BNE = Brisbane / DOH = Doha / DME = Moscow / GVA = Geneva / HKG = Hong Kong / ICN = Incheon / MEL = Melbourne / MUC = Munich / NAD = Nadi / SIN = Singapore
As always, I should note that I am grateful for and respectful of the opportunity to travel, especially via business class. Any comments here, even the negative ones, are simply relative to other business class experiences, not complaints per se.