18 (Fri) March 2016
Chilled Mango Pudding
at Li Li
(New World Manila Bay)
with RK, TL
With TL at the table, we turned to the dessert menu for the first time.
The Chilled Mango Pudding was amazing. Tangy dice of fresh mango, sweet pudding, creamy coconut milk, savory sesame cracker : a perfect blend of flavors. To the extent that I enjoy dessert — which I don’t really — this falls within the top three favorites in recent memory (see also 6.045 Tortilla Española, 6.237 Coconut Panna Cotta) — all involving mango and/or coconut.
Just realized that RK has achieved the dubious distinction of having shared the most dinners with me thus far, including tonight — not counting family members, not counting mass gatherings (where we may have been in the same building but not at the same table) — since the move to Manila.
- RK : 50 (see most recently 7.065 Ika Teppan)
- TL : 48 (see most recently 6.228 Blues)
- HRS : 41 (see most recently 7.066 Woosamgyeop)
- EK : 35 (see most recently 6.297 Rock Lobster…)
- CAL : 31 (see most recently 6.317 Broccoli Stir-Fry…)