25 (Sat) November 2017
at Hana Restaurant
with the Family
Just a weekend getaway – first time for the family north of the city, second time for me (see most recently 6.325 DNH Annual Retreat).
While I was diving, the family spent the afternoon at the zoo.
For lunch, we discovered Hana, a nearby Korean restaurant.
We ordered the ssam bab set (see generally 3.273 Ssam Bap Jeongsik), which came with vegetable wraps, dip, stew, rice, and spicy pork belly. Although nothing stood out, the meal was a whole was excellent.
Subic is the 28th city and newest addition to this list of places outside of Korea where I’ve eaten Korean food in a restaurant (roughly in order of experience) :
- USA : 01.01 Silicon Valley (San Jose, Santa Clara, etc.) CA; 01.02 New York NY; 01.03 Boston MA; 01.04 Northern Virginia VA; 01.05 East Bay (Oakland, Berkeley, etc.) CA; 01.06 Los Angeles CA; 01.07 San Francisco CA; 01.08 San Diego CA; 01.12 Chicago IL; 01.13 Washington DC; 01.24 Guam (6.283 The Boss’s Beefy Birthday Bash)
- THA : 02.09 Bangkok; 02.10 Pattaya
- CHE : 03.11 Geneva
- GBR : 04.14 London
- CHN : 05.15 Beijing
- KHM : 06.16 Phnom Penh (3.269 Fried Beef with Red Ants)
- LAO : 07.17 Vientiane (3.272 Pho Ga)
- PHL : 08.18 Metro Manila (5.005 Ki for Ki) / 08.20 Batangas (5.223 Galbi Tang and More) / 08.28 Subic (8.324 Ssam Bap)
- FJI : 09.19 Suva (5.178 Bibimbab)
- PNG : 10.21 Port Moresby (5.276 Spicy Chicken Muchim)
- RUS : 11.22 Moscow (5.286 Chili Mango Prawns…)
- AUS : 12.23 Melbourne (5.342 Crocodile Meat…)
- MYS : 13.25 Kuala Lumpur (6.333 Jacked — Three Ways)
- JPN : 14.26 Wakoshi (7.266 Gu Ba) / 14.27 Tokyo (8.202 Clam and Spicy Soft Tofu Stew)