REPUBLIC OF CHINA
I have visited Taiwan once.
Taiwan, not recognized by the United Nations as a country, does not have a 3-letter abbreviation the UN system. Their official name, according to them, is the Republic of China (ROC). China (CHN), which considers Taiwan to be a rebel province, is the People’s Republic of China.
Please be assured that I am not attempting to take a political stance by categorizing Taiwan as a country. All I know is that they have a different passport stamp, different flag, and different currency than CHN. For GMTD purposes, those are sufficient grounds for nationhood.
These commercial eating establishments in ROC, as featured on GMTD, are arranged geographically below, then listed alphabetically. Some might no longer be in operation.
Venues in other countries can be accessed via the COUNTRIES index.
** highly recommended
- Din Tai Fung (5.110 Chicken Xiaolongbao)
- Hsinchu Hai Rei Meatballs Store (5.112 Niu Rou Mian)
- * Jin Feng (5.111 Pork Potstickers)
- Lucky Star Restaurant (5.111 Pork Potstickers)
- * Raohe Street Night Market (5.111 Pork Potstickers)
- Shihlin Night Market (5.110 Chicken Xiaolongbao)
- TKK (5.112 Niu Rou Mian)
- * Yong-Kang Beef Noodle (5.112 Niu Rou Mian)