I have visited Thailand 5 times proper, plus 4 layovers. Holding a special place in my heart, Thailand is the first foreign country where I traveled with my parents, where W and I had our honeymoon. It is one of my favorite food countries.
- Bangkok + Pattaya (1992): family trip [pre-GMTD]
- Bangkok + Phuket (2006): honeymoon [pre-GMTD]
- Bangkok (2014): Regional Workshop on Trade-Related Challenges to Tobacco Control in Southeast Asia (WHO mission)
- Chiang Mai (2015): Regional Conference on the Art of Negotiating Trade and Investment Agreements (WHO mission)
- Bangkok + Pattaya (2019): 51st Conference of the Asia-Pacific Academic Consortium on Public Health (WHO mission)
On a family cruise in 2019, the sailing course stopped briefly at Phuket – I stayed on the boat – before turning around and going back to Singapore. A couple posts during the trip were attributed to “Somewhere off the coast of Thailand” (see 10.158 Whole Maine Lobster; 10.159 American Combo Pizza).
“THA” is the 3-letter abbreviation for Thailand within the United Nations system.
These commercial eating establishments in THA, as featured on GMTD, are arranged geographically, then listed alphabetically. Some might no longer be in operation.
Venues in other countries can be accessed via the COUNTRIES index.
** highly recommended
- 7-Eleven (6.067 Salmon Zosui)
- Benjarong (Dusit Thani) (5.259 Tom Yum Goong)
- Dusit Thani (6.068 Tom Yum Kung)
- * Feuang Nara (6.068 Tom Yum Kung)
- Laem Cha-Reon Seafood (5.258 Chicken Noodle Soup)
- Mango Tree (5.261 Phad Kra Phrao Pla Meuk)
- Nuer Koo (6.068 Tom Yum Kung)
- * Oasis Lounge (5.260 Phak Boong Fai Daeng)
- Panda House (MBK Center) (6.068 Tom Yum Kung)
- * Pathumwan Princess Hotel (6.068 Tom Yum Kung)
- * Seafood Market & Restaurant (10.319 Maine Lobster in Thai Chili Sauce)
- Sofitel-So (6.068 Tom Yum Kung)
- Thai Fusion Cuisine (MBK Center) (6.068 Tom Yum Kung)
- Took Lae Dee (Foodland Supermarket) (10.318 Thai Omelette Stuffed with Minced Pork and Vegetable)
- Yum Saap (MBK Center) (6.069 Spicy Stir-Fried Shrimp & Seafood with Basil)
Suvarnabhumi Airport (Terminal 1)
- Bangkok Café & Bar (6.064 Fried Sun-Dried Venison Meat)
- Jade Dragon (6.069 Spicy Stir-Fried Shrimp & Seafood with Basil)
- Mango Tree (5.169 Kaeng Phet Ped Yang)
- Silom Village (5.261 Phad Kra Phrao Pla Meuk)
- Thai Airways Royal Orchid Lounge (10.321 Coconut Rice with Grilled Chicken & Papaya Salad)
- Thai Airways Royal Silk Lounge (7.306 Fried Black Cod with Black Bean Ginger Sauce)
- The Gallery (6.172 Sai Ua)
- Madam Thai Cookery School (6.173 Black Pepper Giant Prawns)
- * Mho-O-Cha (6.173 Black Pepper Giant Prawns)
- Rachadamnoen 92 (6.173 Black Pepper Giant Prawns)
- * Siripanna Village Resort & Spa (6.170 Khao Soi Goong) (6.171 Sweet Sticky Rice with Ripped Mango)
- Pupen Seafood (10.320 Fried King Lobster with Garlic & Black Pepper)