18 (Fri) April 2014
Mul Naeng Myeon x 2
at Pyeongyang Myeonok
-Jangchung, Jongro, Seoul, Republic of Korea-
with the Family
Home Visit 4: Break + Housekeeping (Day 3)
- Day 1 (5.101 Chicken Inasal with Garlic Rice)
- Day 2 (5.102 Potato & Corn Croquettes)
- Day 3 (5.103 Mul Naeng Myeon x 2)
- Day 4 (5.104 Donggeurang-Ddaeng)
- Day 5 (5.105 Haemul Jjim)
- Day 6 (5.106 Spicy Taiwanese Crab Stir-Fry)
- Day 7 (5.107 Fusilli in Meat Sauce)
- Day 8 (5.108 Grilled Seabass)
- Day 9 (5.109 MIL’s Typical Korean At-Home Meal)
Concluding my initial 3-month contract with WHO, now extended 5.5 months, I’m back in Korea to take a break (contract break and personal break) and attend to various housekeeping matters – mostly for the (personal) break.
Not having had a bowl of proper Pyeongyang-style mul naeng myeon in 75 days (see most recently 5.028 Sure, Why Not, I’ll Have Another…) – two and a half months, my god, how is that possible?? – I ordered 2. I needed an extra one to tide me over until next time, who knows when.
One of the housekeeping matters that I had to take care of was my position at Ajou University School of Medicine. Earlier this afternoon, I drove to school for the first time in months, and for the last time as a member of the faculty. I tendered my resignation. It was fun while it lasted, 11 years.
(See also MUL NAENG MYEON)
(See also GLOBAL FOOD GLOSSARY)
(See also RESTAURANTS IN KOREA)