Cycle 5 – Item 274
6 (Mon) October 2014
Steak & Chips
at Hotel Hodava
-Boroko, Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea-
Mission to Papua New Guinea (Day 4)
- Day 1 (5.271 Beef Caldereta)
- Day 2 (5.272 Char Koay Teow)
- Day 3 (5.273 Beefs Burger)
- Day 4 (5.274 Steak & Chips)
- Day 5 (5.275 Tofu with Vegetables in Clay Pot)
- Day 6 (5.276 Tuna Sashimi)
- Day 7 (5.277 Local Lunch!)
- Day 8 (5.278 Local Lunch Again!)
In Port Moresby. Here to provide technical/legal support to the National Department of Health in updating their tobacco legislation, which hasn’t been touched since 1987 – nice work if you can get it. Uncertain, however, about dining prospects for the week.
Due to unavailability of meeting space at NDOH, we’ll be working primarily out of the Hotel Hodava.
As with the dining options at Laguna Hotel, the menu at Hotel Hodava offers only Euro/American or Malaysian items.
The steak was terrible. Didn’t really seem like a steak, just a big slab of meat, tough and gristly and fatty and bloody. Whatever.
(See also GLOBAL FOOD GLOSSARY)
(See also RESTAURANTS IN PAPUA NEW GUINEA)