27 (Sat) February 2016
at Zao Vietnamese Bistro
-BGC, Taguig City-
When the family moves to Manila later this year, we’ll probably be living in the One Serendra condominium complex.
The primary draw is its central location. Across the street from the school, most importantly. More importantly, across the street from several shopping centers, providing easy access to scores of restaurants and grocery stores within. Even closer, the complex itself contains a mini-mall, the first floor dedicated almost exclusively to eating with over 20 establishments of various cuisines. We won’t be bored, certainly never hungry.
TERSP. Try Every Restaurant in Serendra Piazza. Eating my way through the courtyard. Targeting only the proper dining venues : currently 21 in all. In contrast to the negative net returns on similar projects conducted in Ermite/Malate, I’m optimistic that The Fort — one of the country’s poshest neighborhoods, where food is taken seriously — won’t disappoint.
Each restaurant is categorized and listed in order of preference based on the overall dining experience, including the quality of all dishes tried, cost, service, cleanliness, ambiance, and any other factors that may apply, cumulative through multiple visits (if any).
- (2) Zao Vietnamese Bistro (7.053 Seafood Rice) / 3.25 / Vietnamese
- (1) Sentro 1771 (7.004 Tortang Talong) / 3.0 / Filipino
(I’d eaten at Sentro on a previous scouting trip, before the genesis of TERSP, but I’m checking it off as done.)
After viewing a few units in the afternoon — finding one that’s a very strong contender — I stuck around for an early dinner.
I chose Zao because it’s the closest, literally next door to the door leading from the courtyard into the complex, which hopefully will eventually become home.
The Seafood Rice was quite good. Fresh seafood, fresh veg, lightly stir-fried in well-balanced soy/oyster sauce, served over steamed rice in a clay pot. I could eat this kind of thing every day, my kids too.
The masochistically gluttonous “Try Every” series :
- TERRP (…Restaurant in Robinsons Place) — complete — (5.247 KFC : Original Recipe Fried Chicken…)(85)
- TEITY (..Item at Tao Yuan) — complete — (6.095 DONE)(36)
- TERNWPPD (…Restaurant in New World, Pan-Pacific, Diamond) — complete — (6.081 Lobster, Baby.)(10)
- TERSK (…Restaurant in St Kilda) — complete — (5.339 Roasted Squid)(6)
- TEKREM (…Korean Restaurant in Ermita/Malate) — complete — (6.207 Dok + Ok)(45)
- TEIBR (…Item at Bistro Remedios) — cancelled — (6.359 Kangkong Lechon)(10)
- TETRITSA (…Thai Restaurant in the International Terminal of Suvarnabhumi Airport) — on-going — (6.069 Spicy Stir-Fried Shrimp & Seafood with Basil)(4)
4 thoughts on “7.053 Seafood Rice (TERSP 2)”
wow, looking forward to the new project! my dining experience at zao was very good too 🙂 good luck with your moving!
ah, the one person on the planet who appreciates my stupid projects! or maybe only TEITY?
i appreciate all your interesting projects; please note that i participated in TERRP, TEITY, and TERNWPPD…i’m so proud of myself–ha!
that’s right, u gave me that vitamin C to detox at the end of TERRP, and we had steak at the Hyatt for TERNWPPD!