11 (Mon) April 2016
Vegetarian Hindu Meal
by Korean Air
on Flight KE 621
-Somewhere over the Pacific Ocean-
TEKASM (Try Every Korean Air Special Meal). Flying often as I do on Korean Air, I’ve grown weary of the standard food offerings, certainly the bibimbap (see most recently 7.025 Bibimbap), even the meals on business class (see most recently 7.039 Sauteed Cod Fillet). Recently, I discovered that Korean Air offers a range of “special meals” available upon advance order. I’ll attempt to try every one, 20 in all. Though anticipating that the food won’t be all that special, it’ll be about the exploration, better to be surprisingly blah than predictably meh.
The Vegetarian Hindu Meal was okay. Two types of cake — no idea what they’re called — both bean-based, both kinda crumbly. Plus chickpeas in curry. Would make for a decent accompaniment with beer.
2 down, 18 to go. So far, not so bad.
The masochistically gluttonous “Try Every” series :
- TERRP (…Restaurant in Robinsons Place) — complete (85) (5.247 KFC : Original Recipe Fried Chicken…)
- TEITY (..Item at Tao Yuan) — complete (36) (6.095 DONE)
- TERNWPPD (…Restaurant in New World, Pan-Pacific, Diamond) — complete (10) (6.081 Lobster, Baby.)
- TERSK (…Restaurant in St Kilda) — complete (6) (5.339 Roasted Squid)
- TEKREM (…Korean Restaurant in Ermita/Malate) — complete (45) (6.207 Dok + Ok)
- TEIBR (…Item at Bistro Remedios) — cancelled (10) (see most recently 6.359 Kangkong Lechon)
- TETRITSA (…Thai Restaurant in the International Terminal of Suvarnabhumi Airport) — in process (4) (see most recently 6.069 Spicy Stir-Fried Shrimp & Seafood with Basil)
- TERSP (…Restaurant in Serendra Piazza) — in process (3) (see most recently 7.060 Vol-au-Vent de Poulet…)
- TEKASM (…Korean Air Special Meal) — in process (2) (see most recently 7.094 HNML)