Phak Boong Fai Daeng
at Firm Meal (Suvarnabhumi (BKK) Airport)
-Samut, Prakan, Bangkok-
Mission to the Lao People’s Democratic Republic + Personal Deviation : Day 1.
On my way to Vientiane for a tobacco-related mission, follow-up to the mission that had brought me here last March (see generally 6.067 Salmon Zosui). Arriving tonight, a day early to do some prep work while hanging out in the city. The mission will be conducted over a single day Monday. Heading back to Manila that night.
With no direct flight from the Philippines, the trip requires a transfer and 3-hr layover in Thailand.
The food was pretty good. Despite the establishment’s casual appearance, the dishes were prepared and plated along the lines of a proper restaurant. I found the phak boong fai daeng to be way too spicy but otherwise excellent, the vegetables pristinely fresh. Marginally the best meal that I’ve had in the airport thus far.
Try Every Thai Restaurant in the International Terminal of Suvarnabhumi Airport (TETRITSA). Flying into/thru BKK so often these days — today is the 7th time in the past 12 months (see most recently 6.069 Spicy Stir-Fried Shrimp…) — I’ve been eating my way through the airport’s international terminal to determine the best dining options whenever I’m stuck there in transit. Only the places that offer Thai. Whereas some restaurants have multiple locations — the terminal being so big — I’m targeting just one each. Currently 8. As intimated in a prior post, this project has been on my mind for awhile, but I hadn’t wanted to make it official until I was fairly confident that I could carry it through.
GOOD TO GO :
- 2015 May 30 : Firm Meal (6.145 Phak Boong Fai Daeng) / 3.0
- 2015 March 15 : Jade Dragon (6.069 Spicy Stir-Fried Shrimp & Seafood with Basil) / 2.5
PENDING RECONFIRMATION :
- 2014 September 23 : Silom Village (5.261 Shrimp Spring Rolls) / 2.0
- 2014 June 23 : Mango Tree (5.169 Kaeng Phed Ped Yang) / 1.0
NO GO :
- 2015 March 10 : Bangkok Café & Bar (6.064 Fried Sun-Dried Venison Meat) / 1.0
- 2015 May 30 : Char Haru (6.145 Fried Chicken) / 0.75
5 and 6 down. 2 to go.
The masochistically gluttonous “Try Every” series :
- TERRP (…Restaurant in Robinsons Place) (see completed 5.247 TERRP 85 KFC : Original Recipe Fried Chicken…)
- TEITY (..Item at Tao Yuan) (see completed 6.095 DONE)
- TERNWPPD (…Restaurant in New World, Pan-Pacific, Diamond) (see completed 6.081 Lobster, Baby.)
- TERSK (…Restaurant in St Kilda) (see completed 5.339 Roasted Squid)
- TEKREM (…Korean Restaurant in Ermita/Malate) (see most recently 6.141 Bon Jovi on Fire)
- TEIBR (…Item at Bistro Remedios) (see most recently 6.070 Chicken and Pork Adobo)
- TETRITSA (…Thai Restaurant in the International Terminal of Suvarnabhumi Airport) (see most recently 6.069 Spicy Stir-Fried Shrimp & Seafood with Basil)
To accelerate completion of TETRITSA, I squeezed in a postprandial snack.
Glad that I got Char Haru out of the way without having to eat a full meal there.