31 (Mon) December 2018
Teppanyaki Combination: Maine Scallops + Nova Scotia Lobster Tail
-Los Angeles, California, USA-
with the Family and LJY’s family
Winter Vacation in the USA, Day 13.
- Day 1: Seoul, Jinmi Pyeongyang Naeng Myeon (9.348 Mul Naeng Myeon) / 4.0
- Day 2: Los Angeles, Panda Express (9.349 Pea Shoots with Garlic) / 3.5
- Day 3: Los Angeles, El Cholo (9.350 Fish Tacos) / 1.5
- Day 4: Anaheim, Rollin Sushi Café (9.351 Dragon Roll + Nemo Roll) / 3.0
- Day 5: Buena Park, Medieval Times (9.352 Roasted Chicken) / 2.5
- Day 6: Los Angeles, Chosun Korean BBQ (9.353 Chosun Galbee) / 2.5
- Day 7: Anaheim, Aunt H’s home (9.354 Deep-Fried Snapper in Soy Glaze) / 3.5
- Day 8: Las Vegas, Joe’s (9.355 Florida Stone Crab Claws) / 3.5
- Day 9: Las Vegas, Golden Steer Steakhouse (9.356 Longhorn Steak) / 1.5
- Day 10: Las Vegas, Bouchon (9.357 Purée de Pommes de Terre … with Black Truffles) / 4.0
- Day 11: Barstow, In-N-Out (9.358 Cheeseburgers) / 3.75
- Day 12: Los Angeles, Bryan’s Pit Barbecue (9.359 Beef Brisket) / 3.5
We’re spending our holiday in the States – first time for the boys – including Los Angeles and Orange County, Las Vegas, and Grand Canyon [cancelled] – the farthest (distance), longest (duration), and most complicated trip (itinerary) that we’ve ever taken.
For our final dinner, we were joined by Number One Fan LJY and her two girls.
I had suggested Benihana – not for the food, but for the shenanigans that go into their teppanyaki shows – but LJY recommended Roku – for the food and the shenanigans.
Alas, our chef wasn’t much for shenanigans. Aside from a few pyrotechnics, he didn’t do any tricks to amuse the kids, like flipping a shrimp into his own hat.
The food was fine.
Unfortunately, the side-by-side seating arrangement wasn’t amenable to conversation. I don’t recall LJY and W exchanging any words throughout the meal. The kids never spoke to each other.
Anyway, it’s always great to see LJY, no matter the circumstances.
Prior meetings between the kids:
(I recall a few more, but I couldn’t find the posts.)
One thought on “9.360 Teppanyaki: Maine Scallops + Nova Scotia Lobster Tail”
I love this! I’ll have to visit Manila with the girls so we can get another entry on this blog!!