16 (Tue) July 2019
at Tiko’s Floating Restaurant
with SHK, HBJ
Mission to Fiji, Day 8 of 8.
- Day 1 (10.185 Mixed Seafood with Beet Reduction)
- Day 2 (10.186 Chicken in Black Bean Sauce)
- Day 3 (10.187 Grilled Octopus)
- Day 4 (10.188 Slipper Lobster Garlic)
- Day 5 (10.189 Clouds in Sky)
- Day 6 (10.190 A Heap of Fried Rice)
- Day 7 (10.191 Paneer Curry + Chicken Curry + Naan)
In Fiji to conduct a series of planning meetings and ocular inspections – Wednesday to Friday in and around Nadi, Monday and Tuesday in Suva – in preparation for the Fifth Meeting of the Asia-Pacific Parliamentarian Forum on Global Health, which will be held in Fiji in August 2019 and highlight the role of parliamentarians in addressing the health impacts of climate change. This is the fourth such mission in advance of the Fifth Meeting (see previously 10.118 Awhi Farms…).
Rorou moci is a Fijian dish consisting of taro leaves (rourou) and minced shrimp in coconut sauce.
Nice as a small appetizer.
This was my second visit to Tiko’s. The first visit was on my first trip to Fiji, back in 2014 (see generally 5.179 Mama Kokoda with Deep-Fried Taro Root). I should make it a point to eat here whenever I’m in Suva, much better than the crappy Chinese/Indian food I tend to get.