I’ve been to Switzerland on 8 occasions – tied with Fiji as the country that I’ve visited the most. I’ve spent 43 total nights on Swiss soil – second only to Fiji (46 nights).
All visits were related to WHO work, 3 on missions as a staff member in the GMTD era.
- Geneva (2005): 2nd Meeting of the Intergovernmental Working Group on Revisions to the International Health Regulations [pre-GMTD]
- Geneva (2005): 3rd Meeting of the Intergovernmental Working Group on Revisions to the International Health Regulations [pre-GMTD]
- Geneva (2008): 122nd Session of the WHO Executive Board [pre-GMTD]
- Geneva (2008): 123rd Session of the WHO Executive Board[pre-GMTD]
- Geneva (2009): 124th Session of the WHO Executive Board [pre-GMTD]
- Chavannes-de-Bogis (2015): Meeting of Regional Focal Points on Healthy Diet and Physical Activity (WHO mission)
- Geneva (2017): Scoping Meeting on the Ethics of Vector-Borne Diseases (WHO mission)
- Geneva (2018): Inception Meeting on a Global Programme for Building Legal Capacity to Address Unhealthy Diet (WHO mission)
“CHE” is the 3-letter abbreviation for Switzerland within the United Nations system.
These commercial eating establishments in CHE, as featured on GMTD, are arranged geographically below, then listed alphabetically. Some might no longer be in operation.
Venues in other countries can be accessed via the COUNTRIES index.
** highly recommended
! to be avoided
- Le Restaurant des Arts (Best Western Hôtel Chavannes-de-Bogis) (6.308 Poêlée de Filets de Perches Dorés) (6.309 Fricassée de Gambas au Curry)
- Manor (6.310 Mana à la Manor)
- Bap (8.048 Raclette)
- Brasserie Lipp [official] (8.047 Sea Saurkraut)
- The Britannia (8.048 Raclette)
- * Café de Paris (9.051 Entrecôte Café de Paris)
- * Café du Centre [official] (9.053 Marmite du Pêcher)
- Kebab Istanbul (8.046 Grilled Seafood Selections)
- * La Trattoria da Tonino (8.049 Veal Marsala)
- Les Armures [official] (8.048 Raclette)
- es Brasseurs (8.050 Valaisanne Rösti)
- Manor (9.054 Mana à la Manor)
- McDonald’s (8.049 Veal Marsala)
- Suississime (Hôtel Edelweiss) (9.052 La Fondue Suississime)
Geneva International Airport