6 (Fri) November 2015
at MIASCOR Lounge (Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 1)
For the next two weeks, I’ll be on a pair of week-long back-to-back missions, the first to Switzerland, then to Fiji. I’ve managed to arrange the flights — MNL > ICN > GVA > ICN > NAD > ICN > MNL — to allow for three consecutive weekends at home, starting tomorrow, though only for a day and a half per stop. I’ll take my blessings however they may come.
Looking forward to the business class meal on Asiana Airlines (see most recently 6.048 Ssambap), even if to be served after midnight, I deliberately skipped dinner. However, by the time that I’d checked in and got to the lounge (see most recently 4.272 Chicken Curry…), I was so hungry that I couldn’t stop stuffing my face, no matter how crappy the food.
Maybe already too full, I was thoroughly unimpressed by the meal. Likely the same food as in economy class, but served in porcelain with a cloth napkin. This could downgrade Asiana’s ranking on my BEST IN CLASS list, subject to the meal on the flight from Incheon to Manila for the final leg of the trip.
BEST IN CLASS – an on-going ranking of dining experiences on business class flights.
- Qatar Airlines — MNL > DOH + DOH > DME (5.279 Assorted Hot Mezzah); DME > DOH + (iv) DOH > MNL ( (5.286 Chili Mango Prawns)
- Asiana Airlines — ICN > MNL (6.048 Ssambap); MNL > ICN (6.305 Chicken Congee)
- Korean Air — ICN > NAD (5.175 Prestigious Repast); MNL > ICN (6.021 Bibimbap); MNL > ICN + (iv) ICN > NAD (6.101 Coconut Carrot Cream Soup); NAD > ICN + ICN > MNL (6.111 Asparagus Cream Soup)
- Singapore Airlines — MNL > SIN + SIN > BNE (6.237 Coconut Panna Cotta); BNE > SIN + SIN > MNL (6.243 Ggongchi Kimchi Jjigae)
- Philippine Airlines — MNL > MEL (5.335 Chicken Tausi)
- Etihad Airways — MNL > AUH + (ii) AUH > AMM (6.154 Shakshouka); AMM > AUH + (iv) AUH > MNL (6.160 Zaalou-Crusted Chicken Breast)
- Cathay Pacific Airways — HKG > MNL (5.182 Har Gao)
- Fiji Airways — NAD > HKG (5.181 Sliced Roast Lamb)
AMM = Amman / AUH =Abu Dhabi / BNE =Brisbane / DOH =Doha / DME = Moscow / HKG = Hong Kong / ICN =Incheon / MEL = Melbourne / NAD = Nadi / SIN = Singapore