29 (Wed) June 2016
Low Fat Meal
by Korean Air
on Flight KE 624
-Somewhere over the Pacific Ocean-
Mission to Korea + Personal Deviation : Day 5 (see previously 7.175 Chicken Curry).
Arrived in Seoul on Saturday morning. Hung out at home over the weekend. Attended a planning meeting at the National Assembly yesterday. Flew back to Manila this evening.
TEKASM (Try Every Korean Air Special Meal). Flying often as I do on Korean Air, I’ve grown weary of the standard food offerings, certainly the bibimbap (see most recently 7.025 Bibimbap), even the meals on business class (see most recently 7.039 Sauteed Cod Fillet). Recently, I discovered that Korean Air offers a range of “special meals” available upon advance order. I’ll attempt to try every one, 20 in all. Though anticipating that the food won’t be all that special, it’ll be about the exploration, better to be surprisingly blah than predictably meh.
The Low Fat Meal — rice and chicken thigh with mushrooms and broccoli in tomato sauce — was crap. Utter lack of creativity, utter lack of sense, utter lack of flavor. Shameful, this is the best that the national carrier vying to be among the top service airlines in the world, from a country vying to be among the top culinary cultures in the world, could manage.
Just occurred to me that bibimbap may in fact be the ultimate low fat meal.
7 down, 13 to go — this is without doubt the lamest project in the “Try Every” series; I am considering cancellation.
The masochistically gluttonous “Try Every” series :
- TERRP (…Restaurant in Robinsons Place) — complete (85) (5.247 KFC : Original Recipe Fried Chicken…)
- TEITY (..Item at Tao Yuan) — complete (36) (6.095 DONE)
- TERNWPPD (…Restaurant in New World, Pan-Pacific, Diamond) — complete (10) (6.081 Lobster, Baby.)
- TERSK (…Restaurant in St Kilda) — complete (6) (5.339 Roasted Squid)
- TEKREM (…Korean Restaurant in Ermita/Malate) — complete (45) (6.207 Dok + Ok)
- TEIBR (…Item at Bistro Remedios) — cancelled (10) (see most recently 6.359 Kangkong Lechon)
- TETRITSA (…Thai Restaurant in the International Terminal of Suvarnabhumi Airport) — in process (4) (see most recently 6.069 Spicy Stir-Fried Shrimp & Seafood with Basil)
- TERSP (…Restaurant in Serendra Piazza) — in process (4) (see most recently 7.122 I Got Big Game)
- TEKASM (…Korean Air Special Meal) — in process (7) (see most recently 7.132 Kosher Meal)