6 (Fri) May 2016
with the family
Children’s Day + Extended Administrative Leave, Day 2 (see previously 7.121 Steamed King Prawn…).
Together in Manila. First time this year (see most recently 6.361 Corn Butter Itame). Taking advantage of Children’s Day, which was a Korean national holiday yesterday. They flew in Wednesday night. We’ll be flying back to Seoul on Monday.
TERSP. Try Every Restaurant in Serendra Piazza. When the family moves to Manila in a couple months, we’re looking to live in the One Serendra condominium complex. The complex includes a mini-mall (“Piazza”) dedicated primarily to food and drink, with 21 restaurants. Whereas TERSP is fully conceived to be a family project once they’re here, I’m getting a head-start. In contrast to the negative net returns on similar projects conducted by myself in Ermite/Malate, I’m optimistic that The Fort — one of the country’s poshest neighborhoods, where food is taken seriously — won’t disappoint us.
Each restaurant is categorized and listed in order of preference based on the overall dining experience, including the quality of all dishes tried, cost, service, cleanliness, ambiance, and any other factors that may apply, cumulative through multiple visits (if any).
- (3) Lartizan (7.060 Vol-au-Vent de Poulet…) / 3.5 / French
- (4) 8cuts (7.122 Cheeseburger) / 3.0 / American
- (2) Zao Vietnamese Bistro (7.053 Seafood Rice) / 3.25 / Vietnamese
- (1) Sentro 1771 (7.004 Tortang Talong) / 3.0 / Filipino
The masochistically gluttonous “Try Every” series :
- TERRP (…Restaurant in Robinsons Place) — complete (85) (5.247 KFC : Original Recipe Fried Chicken…)
- TEITY (..Item at Tao Yuan) — complete (36) (6.095 DONE)
- TERNWPPD (…Restaurant in New World, Pan-Pacific, Diamond) — complete (10) (6.081 Lobster, Baby.)
- TERSK (…Restaurant in St Kilda) — complete (6) (5.339 Roasted Squid)
- TEKREM (…Korean Restaurant in Ermita/Malate) — complete (45) (6.207 Dok + Ok)
- TEIBR (…Item at Bistro Remedios) — cancelled (10) (see most recently 6.359 Kangkong Lechon)
- TETRITSA (…Thai Restaurant in the International Terminal of Suvarnabhumi Airport) — in process (4) (see most recently 6.069 Spicy Stir-Fried Shrimp & Seafood with Basil)
- TERSP (…Restaurant in Serendra Piazza) — in process (4) (see most recently 7.060 Vol-au-Vent de Poulet…)
- TEKASM (…Korean Air Special Meal) — in process (4) (see most recently 7.108 Seafood Meal)
The burger was good. Customized order : sesame bun + mustard + mayo + white onions + The Big Game + mozzarella* + arugula**. Solid in construction, quality, taste.
(The Franch Burger, which W got, was even better.)
More important than any burger per se, the positive experience overall has secured this place, for now, as our go-to burger joint.
*As previously mentioned (see 2.168 Rockin’ Mozzy Mushroom Burger), light cheeses don’t work on burgers — won’t make this mistake again.
**Rocket also needs to be piled on top to ensure that it doesn’t wilt under the weight and heat of the patty, an piled on high to ensure that the flavor comes through.