19 (Fri) July 2019
-Sinsa, Gangnam, Seoul, Korea-
with the Family
Mission to Fiji + Personal Deviation, Day 11.
- Day 1 (10.185 Mixed Seafood with Beet Reduction)
- Day 2 (10.186 Chicken in Black Bean Sauce)
- Day 3 (10.187 Grilled Octopus)
- Day 4 (10.188 Slipper Lobster Garlic)
- Day 5 (10.189 Clouds in Sky)
- Day 6 (10.190 A Heap of Fried Rice)
- Day 7 (10.191 Paneer Curry + Chicken Curry + Naan)
- Day 8 (10.192 Rourou Moci)
- Day 9 (10.193 Mul Naeng Myeon)
- Day 10 (10.194 Burrata)
In Seoul. Finished a mission in Fiji to conduct a series of planning meetings and ocular inspections in preparation for the Fifth Meeting of the Asia-Pacific Parliamentarian Forum on Global Health, which will be held in Fiji in August 2019 and highlight the role of parliamentarians in addressing the health impacts of climate change. It was the fourth such scoping mission in advance of the Fifth Meeting (see previously 10.118 Awhi Farms…). On my way home.
Fortunately, the itinerary takes me through Korea, giving me a chance to see my family.
One of our old family favorites, even if we haven’t been there in ages, Seolmaene still delivers.
The kalguksu, featured for the first time on GMTD, was just okay. Simple anchovy broth, hand-made noodles, topped with ground beef and sliced squash. I’d imagine this is how the dish would’ve been served at humble noodle stalls in marketplaces back in the day.