Cycle 13 – Item 128
13 (Fri) May 2022
Shrimp Stick Burgers
-Changgok, Sujeong, Seongnam, Gyeonggi, Republic of Korea-
The 7th in an on-going series of burgers experimenting with pre-made patties, this time with frozen shrimp sticks, with ranch sauce.
- 13.066 Chicken Burger (with chili-ketchup)
- 13.070 Cheese Tonkatsu Burger (with tonkatsu-mayo)
- 13.075 Fishkatsu Burger (with tartare sauce)
- 13.082 Double Neobiani Cheese Burger (with gochujang-sour cream)
- 13.090 Fish Burger (with tartare-mayo-mustard sauce)
- 13.101 Ddoekgalbi Cheeseburger (with plus gochujang-mayo sauce)
Deep-fried in oil, the shrimp sticks turned out fine per se: crispy on the outside, juicy bits of whole shrimp inside, decent flavor, paired nicely with the ranch sauce. However, the burger fell apart upon first bite, without melted cheese to hold the individual sticks together (see for example 10.010 Faux Filet-o-Fish) (the sticks would work better lined up in a long sandwich roll).
(See also GLOBAL FOOD GLOSSARY)