5 (Tue) July 2016
in our new home
TERSP. Try Every Restaurant in Serendra Piazza. When the family moves to Manila at the end of the month, we’ll be living in the One Serendra condominium complex. The complex includes a mini-mall (“Piazza”) dedicated primarily to food and drink, with 21 restaurants. Whereas TERSP is fully conceived to be a family project once they’re here, I’m getting a head-start. In contrast to the negative net returns on similar projects conducted by myself in Ermite/Malate, I’m optimistic that The Fort — one of the country’s poshest neighborhoods, where food is taken seriously — won’t disappoint us.
Each restaurant is listed below in order of preference based on the overall dining experience, including the quality of all dishes tried, cost, service, cleanliness, ambiance, and any other factors that may apply, cumulative through multiple visits (if any).
- (3) Lartizan (7.060 Vol-au-Vent de Poulet…) / 3.5 / French
- (4) 8cuts (7.122 I Got Big Game) / 3.0 / American
- (2) Zao Vietnamese Bistro (7.053 Seafood Rice) / 3.25 / Vietnamese
- (1) Sentro 1771 (7.004 Tortang Talong) / 3.0 / Filipino
- (6) Chelsea Grand Café (7.179 … Corned Beef Brisket Sandwich) / 2.5 / American
- (5) Larry’s Café and Bar (7.162 Roast Chicken aux Champignons) / 3.0 / French
- (8) Gino’s (7.182 SMEGG) / 2.0 / Italian
- (7) Wang Fu (7.180 General Tso’s Chicken) / 2.5 / Chinese
The SMEGG pizza might’ve been good under different circumstances. (S)ausage + (M)ushroom + (EG)g + (G)ouda + CREAM = a very rich, heavy, umami pie. But way tired after another killer commute home, I needed something refreshing. I couldn’t get beyond a single slice. Nevertheless, the overall quality merits a return visit.
* Even worse, I couldn’t help but think of smegma (also rich, heavy, umami — presumably).
- TERRP (…Restaurant in Robinsons Place) — complete (85) (5.247 KFC : Original Recipe Fried Chicken…)
- TEITY (..Item at Tao Yuan) — complete (36) (6.095 DONE)
- TERNWPPD (…Restaurant in New World, Pan-Pacific, Diamond) — complete (10) (6.081 Lobster, Baby.)
- TERSK (…Restaurant in St Kilda) — complete (6) (5.339 Roasted Squid)
- TEKREM (…Korean Restaurant in Ermita/Malate) — complete (45) (6.207 Dok + Ok)
- TEIBR (…Item at Bistro Remedios) — cancelled (10) (see most recently 6.359 Kangkong Lechon)
- TETRITSA (…Thai Restaurant in the International Terminal of Suvarnabhumi Airport) — in process (4) (see most recently 6.069 Spicy Stir-Fried Shrimp & Seafood with Basil)
- TERSP (…Restaurant in Serendra Piazza) — in process (8) (see most recently 7.180 General Tso’s Chicken)
- TEKASM (…Korean Air Special Meal) — in process (7) (see most recently 7.108 Low Fat Meal)