14 (Sun) June 2020
Chicken Chicory Adobo
at the cabin
-Changchon, Seowon, Hoengseong, Gangwon, Republic of Korea-
with the Family
Quarantine Day 14 of 14.
- Day 1 (11.148 Grilled Hanwoo 1+ Deungsim)
- Day 2 (11.149 Samgyeopsal Ssam)
- Day 3 (11.150 Jin Ramen)
- Day 4 (11.151 Spaghetti alla Ragù)
- Day 5 (11.152 The Quad)
- Day 6 (11.153 Chicken and Potatoes)
- Day 7 (11.154 Spaghetti in Clam Sauce with Chicory)
- Day 8 (11.155 Gobchang Jeongol with Sundae and Sundubu)
- Day 9 (11.156 Ddeok Guk with Chadolbagi and Chicory)
- Day 10 (11.157 Juk with Ribeye and Chicory)
- Day 11 (11.158 Pyeongyang Mul Naengmyeon)
- Day 12 (11.159 Spaghetti with Shrimp Scampi and Chicory)
- Day 13 (11.160 Buchu & Eggs)
After living and working 6.5 years in the Philippines, we’re back in Korea, for good (for now). We arrived on 1 June 2020. As required by Korean regulations in response to Covid-19, we have spent 14 days under quarantine. Fortunately, we have a family cabin, so it’s been more like a long holiday, a well-deserved vacation. Even if we didn’t have to quarantine, our new apartment will be empty until our stuff arrives from Manila, sometime towards the end of the month, so this has been the most comfortable place for us (for now). Having been tested for coronavirus yesterday, the results came back negative today, so we’re cleared to go. We will leave for Seoul tomorrow.
For our final dinner under quarantine, I could think of nothing more appropriate than chicken adobo, my favorite Filipino dish (see generally 11.143 Chicken Adobo [with recipe]).