13 (Sat) June 2020
Buchu & Eggs
at the cabin
-Changchon, Seowon, Hoengseong, Gangwon, Republic of Korea-
with the Family and Mom
Quarantine Day 13 of 14.
- Day 1 (11.148 Grilled Hanwoo 1+ Deungsim)
- Day 2 (11.149 Samgyeopsal Ssam)
- Day 3 (11.150 Jin Ramen)
- Day 4 (11.151 Spaghetti alla Ragù)
- Day 5 (11.152 The Quad)
- Day 6 (11.153 Chicken and Potatoes)
- Day 7 (11.154 Spaghetti in Clam Sauce with Chicory)
- Day 8 (11.155 Gobchang Jeongol with Sundae and Sundubu)
- Day 9 (11.156 Ddeok Guk with Chadolbagi and Chicory)
- Day 10 (11.157 Juk with Ribeye and Chicory)
- Day 11 (11.158 Pyeongyang Mul Naengmyeon)
- Day 12 (11.159 Spaghetti with Shrimp Scampi and Chicory)
After living and working 6.5 years in the Philippines, we’re back in Korea, for good (for now). We arrived on 1 June 2020. As required by Korean regulations in response to Covid-19, we will spend 14 days under quarantine. Fortunately, we have a family cabin, so it’ll be more like a long holiday, a well-deserved vacation. Even if we didn’t have to quarantine, our new apartment will be empty until our stuff arrives from Manila, sometime towards the end of the month, so this is the most comfortable place for us to be (for now).
With 2 days remaining in quarantine, we had to undergo a second round of testing before being cleared to rejoin society. We don’t have a car, so the regional health facility came to us – amazing (the cabin is in the middle of nowhere, 23 km from the health facility) – suited up in the driveway, and took samples from the deck.
Later, my mother dropped by for a visit, even though against the law. And stayed for dinner, prompting me to whip up a full spread with the ingredients still on hand, plus a few more that she brought.
The buchu & eggs was otherwise standard (see generally 3.154 Stir-Fried Buchu & Eggs), except that the buchu came from the garden! Afterwards, Mom asked me for the recipe, which she’s never done before, so she must’ve been impressed.