15 (Wed) June 2016
Roast Chicken aux Champignons
at Larry’s Café & Bar
-Serendra Piazza, Taguig-
TERSP. Try Every Restaurant in Serendra Piazza. When the family moves to Manila next month, we’ll be living in the One Serendra condominium complex. The complex includes a mini-mall (“Piazza”) dedicated primarily to food and drink, with 21 restaurants. Whereas TERSP is fully conceived to be a family project once they’re here, I’m getting a head-start. In contrast to the negative net returns on similar projects conducted by myself in Ermite/Malate, I’m optimistic that The Fort — one of the country’s poshest neighborhoods, where food is taken seriously — won’t disappoint us.
Each restaurant is categorized and listed in order of preference based on the overall dining experience, including the quality of all dishes tried, cost, service, cleanliness, ambiance, and any other factors that may apply, cumulative through multiple visits (if any).
- (3) Lartizan (7.060 Vol-au-Vent de Poulet…) / 3.5 / French
- (4) 8cuts (7.122 I Got Big Game) / 3.0 / American
- (2) Zao Vietnamese Bistro (7.053 Seafood Rice) / 3.25 / Vietnamese
- (1) Sentro 1771 (7.004 Tortang Talong) / 3.0 / Filipino
- (5) Larry’s Café and Bar (7.162 Roast Chicken aux Champignons) / 3.0 / French
The masochistically gluttonous “Try Every” series :
- TERRP (…Restaurant in Robinsons Place) — complete (85) (5.247 KFC : Original Recipe Fried Chicken…)
- TEITY (..Item at Tao Yuan) — complete (36) (6.095 DONE)
- TERNWPPD (…Restaurant in New World, Pan-Pacific, Diamond) — complete (10) (6.081 Lobster, Baby.)
- TERSK (…Restaurant in St Kilda) — complete (6) (5.339 Roasted Squid)
- TEKREM (…Korean Restaurant in Ermita/Malate) — complete (45) (6.207 Dok + Ok)
- TEIBR (…Item at Bistro Remedios) — cancelled (10) (see most recently 6.359 Kangkong Lechon)
- TETRITSA (…Thai Restaurant in the International Terminal of Suvarnabhumi Airport) — in process (4) (see most recently 6.069 Spicy Stir-Fried Shrimp & Seafood with Basil)
- TERSP (…Restaurant in Serendra Piazza) — in process (5) (see most recently 7.122 I Got Big Game)
- TEKASM (…Korean Air Special Meal) — in process (4) (see most recently 7.108 Seafood Meal)
The food was good. Though the chicken itself exhibited the dried-out signs of having been precooked then reheated, it was still reasonably juicy, just fine with the mushroom gravy and mashed potatoes. Would rather go to Lartizan for this kind of fare, but wouldn’t object if I had to go back.
Earlier in the afternoon, I made my way out to the Fort and signed the lease to our new place — details to follow. So long as I was in the neighborhood, I stuck around until dinner time to advance TERSP.