1 (Wed) January 2020
at the cabin
-Changchon, Hoengseong, Gangwon, Korea-
with the Family, Mom and Dad
2020 Winter Holiday in Korea, Day 9.
- Day 1 (10.353 Vegetable Rice Bowl)
- Day 2 (10.354 Roast Lobster with Cheese)
- Day 3 (10.355 Laeng Myeon)
- Day 4 (10.356 Haemul Jjim)
- Day 5 (10.357 The Special)
- Day 6 (10.358 Cream Cheese Ddeokbokki)
- Day 7 (10.359 Haemul Jjambbong)
- Day 8 (10.360 Grilled Garlic-Butter Lobsters)
As previously noted, for reasons that I still don’t know 9 years later, the traditional meal on New Year’s Day is ddeok guk (see generally 1.361 Ddeok Guk).
Mom prepared the dish for brunch at the cabin.
Ordinarily, this kind of thing would be a snap for my mother. But even with the highest quality beef, the dish overall felt a bit flat, much to her dismay.
Later, upon our return to the city, MIL prepared the dish for our dinner.
Also a bit flat, but the crushed dried laver helped.