29 (Mon) August 2016
at Phat Pho
-Serendra Piazza, Taguig-
with the family
TERSP. Try Every Restaurant in Serendra Piazza. The family now living in Manila, our new home is in the One Serendra condominium complex. The complex includes a mini-mall (“Serendra Piazza”) dedicated primarily to food and drink, with 23 restaurants (plus additional dessert/snack joints). We’re going eat our way through all the restaurants (and probably the dessert/snack joints, though not as part of TERSP). In contrast to the negative net returns on similar projects conducted by myself in Ermite/Malate, I’m optimistic that The Fort — one of the country’s poshest neighborhoods, where food is taken seriously — won’t disappoint us. So far, so good.
Each restaurant is listed below in order of preference based on the overall dining experience, including the quality of all dishes tried, cost, service, cleanliness, ambiance, and any other factors that may apply, cumulative through multiple visits (if any).
- (10) Mamou (7.203 …T-Bone Steak) / 3.25 / Italian
- (3) Lartizan (7.060 Vol-au-Vent de Poulet…) / 3.5 / French
- (4) 8cuts (7.122 I Got Big Game) / 3.0 / American
- (2) Zao Vietnamese Bistro (7.053 Seafood Rice) / 3.25 / Vietnamese
- (1) Sentro 1771 (7.004 Tortang Talong) / 3.0 / Filipino
- (6) Chelsea Grand Café (7.179 … Corned Beef Brisket Sandwich) / 2.5 / American
- (12) Mogu Bar & Grill (7.213 Grilled Wagyu Roll) / 2.5 / Japanese
- (5) Larry’s Café and Bar (7.162 Roast Chicken aux Champignons) / 3.0 / French
- (8) Gino’s (7.182 SMEGG Pizza) / 2.0 / Italian
- (14) Wee Nam Kee (7.223 Steamed Hainanese Yellow Chicken) / 2.0 / Singaporean
- (15) Abé (7.234 Sikreto ni Maria Claria) / 3.5 / Filipino
- (13) Conti’s Bakeshop & Restaurant (7.218 USDA Roasted Beef Belly) / 2.5 / American
- (7) Wang Fu (7.180 General Tso’s Chicken) / 2.5 / Chinese
- (16) Phat Pho
- (11) Saboten (7.212 Shrimp & Tenderloin Set) / 3.0 / Japanese
- (9) Echo Deli (7.189 Korean Beef Stew) / 1.5 / Korean
As with Saboten, the low ranking is attributable mostly to the restaurant’s focus on pho, which isn’t a bad thing per se, but I tend to regard it as more of a lunch item.
The Pho Bo was okay. A bit salty.