I’ve visited Malaysia 6 times proper, plus 1 layover.
The first visit was in 1989. As a junior in high school, I was a member of Model United Nations, representing Romania. The event that year was held at the International School of Kuala Lumpur. It was my very first experience in a foreign country (also Singapore on the same trip).
Since the launch of GMTD in 2010, I’ve been to Malaysia twice on WHO missions, thrice on family trips, and once on a layover.
- Kuala Lumpur (1989): Model United Nations [pre-GMTD]
- Kuala Lumpur (2015): Regional Workshop on Restricting the Marketing of Foods and Non-alcoholic Beverages to Children in the Western Pacific (WHO mission)
- Johor (2017): Legoland (family trip)
- Bandar Sunway (2017): Sunway Lagoon (family trip)
- Kota Kinabalu (2018): 50th Conference of the Asia-Pacific Academic Consortium on Public Health (WHO mission)
- George Town (2019): Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas(family trip)
“MYS” is the 3-letter abbreviation for Malaysia within the United Nations system.
These commercial eating establishments in MYS, as featured on GMTD, are arranged geographically below, then listed alphabetically. Some might no longer be in operation.
Venues in other countries can be accessed via the COUNTRIES index.
** highly recommended
! to be avoided
- Absolute Thai (Mall of Medini) (8.097 Stir-Fried Bean Curd with Hot Basil Leaves)
- Brick’s (Legoland Resort) (8.095 Peanut Sauce)
- Legoland Resort (room service) (8.096 Mee Goreng Mamak)
- Subway (Mall of Medini) (8.096 Mee Goreng Mamak)
- Da On (Pavilion) (6.333 Jacked – Three Ways)
- Din Tai Fung (Pavilion) (6.332 Pork Xiao Long Bao)
- Grand Imperial Restaurant (8.357 Lobster with Mushrooms and Noodles in Truffle Sauce)
- Grandmama’s (Pavilion) (6.328 #7 Paku Sambal Belacan)
- Hakka (6.329 Kam-Heong Pan-Fried Prawns)
- Marble 8 (6.333 Jacked – Three Ways)
- Novotel Nadi City Centre (6.330 Assorted Fruits Skewers)
- Rebung (6.331 Nasi Lemak)
- Club Lounge (Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa) (8.355 Seared Tuna Canapes)
- EGG (Pinnacle Annex) (8.354 Signature Steamed Live Tiger Prawns with Aged Rice Wine)
- Resort Café (Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa) (8.355 Seared Tuna Canapes)
- Simply Penang (Sunway Pyramid Mall) (8.356 Nasi Lemak Combo Meal)
Kuala Lumpur International Airport
- AirAsia Premium Red Lounge (9.183 Grilled Y/F Tuna)
- De Happy Restaurant (10.157 Grouper and Bokchoy with Noodles)