I’ve been to Jordan twice. The country, one of the most modernized, secular, secure, and West-friendly in the region, provided my first on-the-ground experiences in the Middle East. I became a huge fan of Bilad al-Sham cuisine, especially hummus.
- Amman (2015): Bi-regional Workshop to Build Legal Capacity and Advance Action on WHO Recommendations on Marketing of Food and Non-alcoholic Beverages to Children (WHO mission)
- Amman + Aqaba (2018): Meeting of the Regional Parliamentary Working Group on Universal Health Coverage in the Eastern Mediterranean Region (WHO mission)
“JOR” is the 3-letter abbreviation for Jordan within the United Nations system.
These commercial eating establishments in MDV, as featured on GMTD, are arranged geographically below, then listed alphabetically. Some might no longer be in operation.
Venues in other countries can be accessed via the COUNTRIES index.
** highly recommended
! to be avoided
- Bent el Wadi (6.155 Dough!)
- Jungles (9.263 Mansaf with Meat and Rise)
- Kempinski Hotel (room service) (6.156 Jordanian Grill Platter)
- Marriot Hotel (room service) (9.262 Mixed Grill and All the Fixin’s, Baby!)
- Via Appia (Kempinski Hotel) (6.157 Double Lamb Chop)
- Villa Mediterrano (Marriot Hotel) (9.264 Lots of Chicken, Loads of Rice)
- World Winners Snack (6.158 Chicken Shawarma Sandwich)
Queen Alia International Airport