26 (Tue) July 2016
28-Day Dry-Aged USDA Prime Grade T-Bone Steak
-Serendra Piazza, Taguig-
with the family
TERSP. Try Every Restaurant in Serendra Piazza. The family now living in Manila, our new home is in the One Serendra condominium complex. The complex includes a mini-mall (“Serendra Piazza”) dedicated primarily to food and drink, with 22 restaurants (plus additional dessert/snack joints). We’re going eat our way through all the restaurants (and probably the dessert/snack joints, though not as part of TERSP). In contrast to the negative net returns on similar projects conducted by myself in Ermite/Malate, I’m optimistic that The Fort — one of the country’s poshest neighborhoods, where food is taken seriously — won’t disappoint us.
Each restaurant is listed below in order of preference based on the overall dining experience, including the quality of all dishes tried, cost, service, cleanliness, ambiance, and any other factors that may apply, cumulative through multiple visits (if any).
- (10) Mamou (7.203 …T-Bone Steak) / 3.25 / Italian
- (3) Lartizan (7.060 Vol-au-Vent de Poulet…) / 3.5 / French
- (4) 8cuts (7.122 I Got Big Game) / 3.0 / American
- (2) Zao Vietnamese Bistro (7.053 Seafood Rice) / 3.25 / Vietnamese
- (1) Sentro 1771 (7.004 Tortang Talong) / 3.0 / Filipino
- (6) Chelsea Grand Café (7.179 … Corned Beef Brisket Sandwich) / 2.5 / American
- (5) Larry’s Café and Bar (7.162 Roast Chicken aux Champignons) / 3.0 / French
- (8) Gino’s (7.182 SMEGG Pizza) / 2.0 / Italian
- (7) Wang Fu (7.180 General Tso’s Chicken) / 2.5 / Chinese
- (9) Echo Deli (7.189 Korean Beef Stew) / 1.5 / Korean
This is the original location of Mamou.
Having enjoyed a fine meal at the second branch Mamou Too! in Rockwell a month ago (see generally 7.163 Lorenzo’s Truffle Cream Spaghetti), I’d been looking forward to trying the one near home, waiting to experience it together with the family when they got here.
Our first instalment of TERSP as residents of BGC.
As highly anticipated, the food was great, better than the stuff at the other place, perhaps just because I ordered better items. The centerpiece Florentine-style steak exhibited that rich beefy flavor characteristic of dry-aging, as well as the tenderness. Balanced out with a pasta (see below) and salad (not pictured), what an excellent meal.
More from this establishment certainly to come.
[Menu will be posted next time.]
- TERRP (…Restaurant in Robinsons Place) — complete (85) (5.247 KFC : Original Recipe Fried Chicken…)
- TEITY (..Item at Tao Yuan) — complete (36) (6.095 DONE)
- TERNWPPD (…Restaurant in New World, Pan-Pacific, Diamond) — complete (10) (6.081 Lobster, Baby.)
- TERSK (…Restaurant in St Kilda) — complete (6) (5.339 Roasted Squid)
- TEKREM (…Korean Restaurant in Ermita/Malate) — complete (45) (6.207 Dok + Ok)
- TEIBR (…Item at Bistro Remedios) — cancelled (10) (see most recently 6.359 Kangkong Lechon)
- TETRITSA (…Thai Restaurant in the International Terminal of Suvarnabhumi Airport) — in process (4) (see most recently 6.069 Spicy Stir-Fried Shrimp & Seafood with Basil)
- TERSP (…Restaurant in Serendra Piazza) — in process (10) (see most recently 7.189 Korean Beef Stew)
- TEKASM (…Korean Air Special Meal) — cancelled (9 (see most recently 7.200 Vegetarian Jain Meal)