2 (Fri) September 2016
Insalata di Mare
-Serendra Piazza, Taguig-
with the family
TERSP. Try Every Restaurant in Serendra Piazza. The family now living in Manila, our new home is in the One Serendra condominium complex. The complex includes a mini-mall (“Serendra Piazza”) dedicated primarily to food and drink, with 23 restaurants (plus additional dessert/snack joints). We’re going eat our way through all the restaurants (and probably the dessert/snack joints, though not as part of TERSP). In contrast to the negative net returns on similar projects conducted by myself in Ermite/Malate, I’m optimistic that The Fort — one of the country’s poshest neighborhoods, where food is taken seriously — won’t disappoint us. So far, so good.
Each restaurant is listed below in order of preference based on the overall dining experience, including the quality of all dishes tried, cost, service, cleanliness, ambiance, and any other factors that may apply, cumulative through multiple visits (if any).
- (10) Mamou (7.203 …T-Bone Steak) / 3.25 / Italian
- (3) Lartizan (7.060 Vol-au-Vent de Poulet…) / 3.5 / French
- (1) Sentro 1771 (7.004 Tortang Talong) / 3.0 / Filipino
- (6) Chelsea Grand Café (7.179 … Corned Beef Brisket Sandwich) / 2.5 / American
- (12) Mogu Bar & Grill (7.213 Grilled Wagyu Roll) / 2.5 / Japanese
- (4) 8cuts (7.122 I Got Big Game) / 3.0 / American **
- (5) Larry’s Café and Bar (7.162 Roast Chicken aux Champignons) / 3.0 / French
- (17) Balducci
- (2) Zao Vietnamese Bistro (7.053 Seafood Rice) / 3.25 / Vietnamese *
- (8) Gino’s (7.182 SMEGG Pizza) / 2.0 / Italian
- (14) Wee Nam Kee (7.223 Steamed Hainanese Yellow Chicken) / 2.0 / Singaporean
- (15) Abé (7.234 Sikreto ni Maria Claria) / 3.5 / Filipino
- (13) Conti’s Bakeshop & Restaurant (7.218 USDA Roasted Beef Belly) / 2.5 / American
- (7) Wang Fu (7.180 General Tso’s Chicken) / 2.5 / Chinese
- (16) Phat Pho (7.237 Pho Bo) / 2.5 / Vietnamese
- (11) Saboten (7.212 Shrimp & Tenderloin Set) / 3.0 / Japanese
- (9) Echo Deli (7.189 Korean Beef Stew) / 1.5 / “Korean”
* In light of a disappointing follow-up meal recently (in real time, not yet on the GMTD timeline), Zao’s ranking has dropped from its previous position at #4.
** In light of a follow-up meal recently (in real time, not yet on the GMTD timeline), which was good per se but did again demonstrate the limited nature of the menu, 8Cuts’s ranking has dropped from its previous position at #3.
- TERRP (…Restaurant in Robinsons Place) — complete (85) (5.247 KFC : Original Recipe Fried Chicken…)
- TEITY (..Item at Tao Yuan) — complete (36) (6.095 DONE)
- TERNWPPD (…Restaurant in New World, Pan-Pacific, Diamond) — complete (10) (6.081 Lobster, Baby.)
- TERSK (…Restaurant in St Kilda) — complete (6) (5.339 Roasted Squid)
- TEKREM (…Korean Restaurant in Ermita/Malate) — complete (45) (6.207 Dok + Ok)
- TEIBR (…Item at Bistro Remedios) — cancelled (10) (6.359 Kangkong Lechon)
- TETRITSA (…Thai Restaurant in the International Terminal of Suvarnabhumi Airport) — in process (4) (see previously 6.069 Spicy Stir-Fried Shrimp & Seafood with Basil)
- TERSP (…Restaurant in Serendra Piazza) — in process (17) (see previously 7.237 Pho Bo)
- TEKASM (…Korean Air Special Meal) — cancelled (9) (7.200 Vegetarian Jain Meal)
The Insalata di Mare was meh. Mostly clams and mussels, a chopped up calamari, a few shrimp. Decently seasoned, but not worth the effort.
We’ll likely go back for another shot, if only because it’s the only Italian joint in walking distance.
2 thoughts on “7.241 Insalata di Mare (TERSP 17)”
The insalata looks like it “could” be great, but my first impression was that the bulk of the plate was just mussel/clam shell space, and very little of actually edible seafood.